Shiftyj1

Some Will Not Sleep: Selected Horrors
Adam Nevill
Exorcist Falls: Includes the novella Exorcist Road
Jonathan Janz

The Bighead (Author's Preferred Version)

The Bighead (Author's Preferred Version) - Edward Lee Edward Lee has some serious, serious issues. This one takes every taboo it can find and bumps up the WTF factor until you are dry heaving. A back woods corn-hole F and torture fest. There is actually a story in there somewhere but you need to wade thru the blood and pecker snot to find it. Some serious twisted sh*t in this one. If you are easily offended in any way, then you need to run, not walk, as far away from this one as you can. I can’t help but wonder about myself…since I actually liked it (even though I did have to put it down and take several breaks while reading). Evidently, I am sicker than I think I am. Damn. (I believe, I have said that before.) Damn.

I was fortunate enough to see The Bighead short film at 2014 Twisted Terror Convention in Sacramento in February and got to meet the director and some of the actors. Strangely enough, I was the only one in the audience that had read any Edward Lee, even though I had not read The Bighead. The short film was brutal, but did not hold a candle to the pure and utter depravity of Edward’s novel.