Shiftyj1

Adam Nevill
Exorcist Falls: Includes the novella Exorcist Road
Jonathan Janz

Fairy Lights

Fairy Lights - Edward Lorn I thought this one was going to be a little fairy taley for me because of the title, but since I loves me some Lorn, I figured it was going to be much more than that. I was not wrong. Fairy Light wastes no time getting going - It starts with a bang and keeps the pedal to the metal until the very end.

There are strange lights out in the forest and an even stranger malevolent being that lurks amongst the glowing waters of its cave on Palomar Mountain. It is hungry. Very hungry. It craves meat. Boy, did Tony’s mother pick the wrong weekend to go camping. The wrong mountain, for that matter. Let the feasting begin.

Another winner from one of the best dark fiction writers in the biz today. Edward Lorn is a true storyteller. I don’t think there is much higher praise for an author than that. More importantly, he has the skills necessary to get his twisted tales down on paper and engage the reader from start to finish. He takes his craft seriously and it shows. Dude is demented. I like it. If you are not reading Lorn, then you are missing out.

NOTE: I read this one online at DarkFuse Magazine. It was released as a 14-part serial. I typically hate serials. I don’t like to read in chunks and don’t like to wait a day to read the next installment. For whatever the reason, it takes me out of the rhythm of the story. Nothing against the authors and the format, it just isn’t my bag. That being said, I am a big fan of Edward Lorn and will read whatever he puts out there no matter the format and I am very excited to see that he has joined the DarkFuse family. Very cool.