Shiftyj1

Adam Nevill
Exorcist Falls: Includes the novella Exorcist Road
Jonathan Janz

Ubo

Ubo - Steve Rasnic Tem "Things that were never supposed to happen, they happen all the time.”

This was a weird one for me. Have you ever had one of those books that no matter what you did you just couldn't make any progress? Total fucking time warp. This took me forever to finish it and I read several books in between. It wasn't boring and I liked the story, but for whatever reason it just seemed like I read it and read it and never made any headway. I almost gave up. Not because I wasn't enjoying it, but because I couldn't make any fucking progress no matter how much I read it. Weird. Twilight Zone shit. Would make a good short story, probably – “The Never Ending Novel” or maybe “The Man Who Couldn’t Finish a Book and Drove Himself Bat-Shit Crazy.” I still can’t believe I started this Feb 17th and just finished it March 8th. Doesn’t make any sense. Never happened to me before. How could I still enjoy it? I have no idea. But, I did.

The world is in shambles. Roaches in lab coats are preforming strange experiments on human captives, forcing them to jump into the minds of history’s most violent and notorious.

The scenarios are taking a toll and Daniel and his fellow prisoners can think of nothing but when (if ever) they will be allowed to go back to their old lives and the families they left behind. Welcome to Ubo. Wherever the hell that is.

Despite my aforementioned reading malfunction, I really did enjoy this one, I just wish it would have read smoother for me. I am pretty sure it was all my fault and not the authors. 3.5 Stars.

*I received an advance review copy of this release from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.