Shiftyj1

Adam Nevill
Exorcist Falls: Includes the novella Exorcist Road
Jonathan Janz

Eat the Night

Eat the Night - Tim Waggoner Parts of this one were truly fascinating - The Maintenance, Intervention, and Analysist sections really had my attention and were drawn very well in a round the corner sort of way. There were many subtle hints about the “organization” that I really thought worked perfectly in the story.

Entropy as an apocalyptic theology, however, didn’t really gel for me. I intellectually understand the concept of entropy, but I felt it got to be a bit tired in the storyline. For whatever reason, it bugged me every time it was brought up. The word just didn’t “fit” somehow, even though the overall concept of it did. (I don’t know if that makes any sense.)

In a nutshell, I really enjoyed this one and despite any minor peeves I had along the way, Tim does a good job of taking some heavy ideas and giving them enough of a head of steam to power this one thru to the end. I hope to see some more Maintenance stories in the future. 3.5 Stars

*As a member of the DarkFuse Readers Group, I received an advanced copy of this e-book thru NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.