Shiftyj1

Adam Nevill
Exorcist Falls: Includes the novella Exorcist Road
Jonathan Janz

Dead Souls

Dead Souls - J. Lincoln Fenn “Giving up something you don’t believe in doesn’t cost a thing.”

Well, at least that’s what Fiona Dunn thought, as she was selling her soul to a faceless man who called himself Scratch. Yep. That, Scratch. Funny how after several pints of Guinness and a fois gras sandwich what will sound like a good idea. Soul sold and favor owed. Crap.

I don’t know what I was expecting from this one, but I wasn’t expecting to like it as much as I did. I’ve been meaning to read Fenn’s “Poe” for a long time now and just haven’t gotten around to it. So when I saw this one over at NetGalley, I jumped on it without thinking about it. I didn’t read anything about it, just started reading.

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little worried in the beginning, that it was going to go all YA on me…but it didn’t. It just had a super smooth and easy feel to it and Fenn did a great job of keeping the story moving along and creating an interesting and damaged protagonist in Fiona. Well done. 4 Stars!