Shiftyj1

Adam Nevill
Exorcist Falls: Includes the novella Exorcist Road
Jonathan Janz

The Haunted Halls

The Haunted Halls - Glenn Rolfe, Joe Hempel A creepy and bloody haunted hotel story that is perfect for an October read (listen). Hey, it doesn’t have to be October, you can read or listen to it anytime.

I have listened to several Joe Hempel audiobooks and have enjoyed them all. I like his voice and cadence and he always paces the stories well.

This one was a little hard to follow for me because of the alternating timelines and POV’s. It didn’t help that I listened to it in my car and would occasionally get interrupted with work calls and appointments, so I’m sure that had something to do with it.

The story itself was good and violent and had several genuinely creepy moments. The Shaman thing threw me off a little bit, but ended up working out better than I thought it was going to, although I did have a bigger problem with the “spirit animals” which fell a little flat for me and seemed out of place in the story. . Recommended for those who like a less subtle and more violent ghost story. A Solid 3 Stars!

*I received a complimentary copy of this audio from the narrator in exchange for an honest review. This was it.